Vantage Administrator Exam
IMPORTANT NOTE: This exam is NO LONGER available after December 31, 2022!
Covers features and functionality of the Advanced SQL Engine through release 16.10.
This exam establishes candidate has core knowledge and skills necessary to manage archives, plan capacity requirements, identify optimal database and table design including indexing options, use database tools and utilities, manage performance and usage data, produce security auditing reports, monitor and manage database space, administer users, manage system logging options, manage database privileges, and identify relevant workload management components. FAQs related to this exam and certification can be found here.
Register for the Administrator Exam
To register for the Administrator Exam, visit home.pearsonvue.com/teradata and select exam: TDBL 2:16.10 Administrator/DBA Exam.
Candidates are able to register and take the Administrator Exam either in a Pearson Vue test center or remotely, at their home or office. FAQs and additional information on this option are available.
BYPASS THIS EXAM
Already Certified in Teradata 14?
Teradata 14 Database Administrators and Masters can bypass the Associate and Administrator exams to take the next exam — Advanced Administrator.
There is NO expiration for this certification.
Successful completion of this exam will earn you a Vantage Certified Administrator certification with a digital badge.
This exam allows 130 minutes (including administration time)
A minimum of one to three years hands-on experience with Advanced SQL Engine and applications is recommended.
Successfully passing the Associate Exam is a prerequisite. Any candidate with a Teradata 14 certification may bypass this exam. Those with a bypassed exam, do not receive the actual certification. Only those taking and passing the certification exam receive that certification.
The cost of the Teradata Administrator Exam is $249. Please visit home.pearsonvue.com/teradata for details. Bulk discount vouchers for 10 or more exams can be purchased through Pearson VUE.
ARCHIVE MANAGEMENT — 7%
Through scenario-based questioning, candidates should be able to identify the considerations that should be evaluated when scheduling an archive through Backup and Recovery (BAR) management.
DATABASE DESIGN AND INDEXING — 9%
Candidates should be able to identify the features and functionality of row and column partitioning, temporal offerings, proper indexing strategy for a table, as well as identify the types and effectiveness of various compression options.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT — 14%
Through scenario-based questioning, candidates need to identify options, features, and functionality of statistics collections.
SPACE MANAGEMENT — 8%
Candidates should be able to identify the methods and processes to manage and monitor permspace, temp, and spool space.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT - 12%
Through scenario-based questioning, candidates should be able to identify the access rights and privileges that should be granted to a database, table, or view. This includes metrics and system performance factors.
CAPACITY PLANNING — 8%
Candidates should be able to identify the source of disk space data for capacity planning and understand the limitations of the proposed data set.
DATABASE TOOLS AND UTILITIES — 8%
Through scenario-based questioning, candidates should be able to identify the optimal tool or utility to remediate a problem or accomplish a task. Data Labs, Studio Suite, and Viewpoint are referenced in these scenarios.
SECURITY MANAGEMENT AND AUDITING — 10%
Candidates will be able to identify features, functionality and benefits of access logging and logonoff view.
USER ADMINISTRATION — 11%
Through scenario-based questioning, candidates should understand the ins and outs of user security requirements, limitations, and associated benefits of assigning privileges.
WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT - 13%
Through scenario-based questioning, candidates should be able to identify the TIWM and TASM workload management components that should be used.
PREPARING FOR YOUR EXAM
Teradata Certification partners with the Teradata University to provide Teradata courses and curriculum that relate to each exam. These courses are recommended and not required. Taking or passing any of these courses does not guarantee passing of any Teradata Certification exam. Additional training may be needed in order to cover all of the objectives on the exam. You can view course descriptions and schedules, and enroll online.
RECOMMENDED COURSES AND DOCUMENTATION
The provided links to these FREE courses are for Guest users. If you are already registered in Teradata University, login to your account and search on any of the Course numbers.
- WBT 26438 Introduction to the Teradata Database
- WBT 53054 Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA)
- WBT 56458 Teradata Query Grid 2.0 Technical Overview
- WBT 56792 Introduction to ANSI Temporal Tables
- WBT 51409 Backup and Restore using Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA)
- WBT 49905 Introduction to Temporal Tables
- WBT 51253 Automated Statistics Management
- WBT 51283 In-Memory the Intelligent Way with Teradata Intelligent Memory
- WBT 56720 Implementing MAPS - the Basics
- WBT 54172 Teradata Database 15.10 Overview
- WBT 39365 Introduction to Teradata Active System Management
- WBT 57993 Introduction to TIWM/Workload Management Portlets (Webcast)
Available through Teradata Developers Exchange to help you prepare with hands on application.
The Teradata Certification team has created sample questions to help you prepare for the exam. Access the Administrator Sample Questions here.
RECOMMENDED COURSES AND DOCUMENTATION CONTINUED
- 57040 Teradata Database Administration: Vantage Advanced SQL Engine
- 36916 : Vantage: Optimizing Advanced SQL Engine through Workload Management
- 9038 Teradata Factory: Vantage Advanced SQL Engine
- 56941 Teradata Parallel Transporter: Vantage Advanced SQL Engine
- 56851 Teradata Viewpoint and Data Lab Introduction and Update (16.00 and 16.10)
- B035-3150-117K Data Stream Architecture User Guide
- B035-1093-161K Database Administration Release 16.10
- B035-1094-161K Teradata Database Design
- B035-2206-067K: Teradata Viewpoint User Guide Release 16.10
- B035-1099-161K: Teradata Database Resource Usage Macros and Tables
- B035-1100- 161K: Teradata Database Security Administration
- B035- 1149-161K SQL Data Definition Language, TD 16.10
- B035-5991-201K Teradata QueryGrid Installation and User Guide Release 2.01
- B035-1197-161K Teradata Workload Management
Exam administration policy
Before registering for the exam, familiarize yourself with retaking an exam, recertification of an exam, and the order required for the Vantage Certification Track.
Security and privacy policies
We take your security and privacy very seriously. Learn more about how we’re actively ensuring Teradata Certification integrity and what Teradata considers to be a violation.