Teradata Positioned as a Leader in 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant: Data Warehouse and Data Management Solutions for Analytics
Teradata is positioned as a leader in the Gartner, Inc. 2016 Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse and Data Management Solutions for Analytics* issued February 25, 2016, by Gartner analysts Mark A. Beyer and Roxane Edjlali. Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the big data analytics and marketing applications company, is one of 21 database vendors evaluated in the 2016 report. Vendors are positioned each year on completeness of vision and execution.
In characterizing the evolving state of the global data warehouse and analytics market, Gartner writes: “Organizations now require data management solutions for analytics that are capable of managing and processing internal and external data of diverse types in diverse formats, in combination with data from traditional internal sources. Data may even include interaction and observational data — from Internet of Things sensors, for example. This requirement is placing new demands on software in this market as customers are looking for features and functions that represent a significant augmentation of existing enterprise data warehouse strategies.
With regard to Teradata’s leadership, Teradata continues to call attention to the direct correspondences made between the Teradata® Unified Data Architecture™ and the forward-looking Logical Data Warehouse concept. Teradata is well aware that its customers provide strong positive feedback when serving as references for technologists, analysts, academic influencers and new prospects. Teradata customers consistently rate highly the quality of their collaborative working relationships with Teradata, especially pertaining to the support of professional services.
“We agree with Gartner that the market is evolving rapidly because we are in fact in front of it, helping our customers drive and benefit from the evolution, helping them map and build out their analytic ecosystems with more choices, more functionality, and more value,” said Oliver Ratzesberger, president of Teradata Labs. “As the leader in data integration and analytics, we instinctively understand the requirements of the market space. We were first to develop and implement extreme data appliances, acquired Aster Data before anyone else was talking about big data, and designed and introduced the UDA -- the first unified data ecosystem architecture. Our customers are vocal about their excitement in working with us because they benefit from our business expertise as well as our technological innovation.”
Ratzesberger pointed to more recent Teradata innovations including its Hybrid Cloud solutions, which allow customers to combine on-premises performance with cloud-based flexibility, Teradata Database on AWS, and Teradata Listener™ which gives customers important capabilities to capitalize on the emerging Internet of Things.
Teradata continues to earn enthusiasm from customers on its consulting expertise. Teradata Professional Services include consulting and implementation (strategy, design, development and deployment), as well as big data integration and ecosystem strategy, data preparation, data discovery and exploration, analyzing information, IT operations management, and managed services. Teradata announced the growth of its Think Big analytics consulting practice – experiencing global expansion in 2015 with new offices in London, Dublin and Munich. In addition, Teradata subsidiary Claraview is an important player in business intelligence, data warehousing implementation and strategy services.
Relevant News Links
- Access the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse and Data Management Solutions for Analytics -- on our microsite.
- Think Big, a Teradata Company: data science and engineering expertise
- Teradata customers are the happiest, according to the very latest survey data
- Raising customer satisfaction at Teradata: Teradata Professional and Consulting Services
- Teradata Expands Market Opportunity for Industry-Leading Data Warehouse on Amazon Web Services
- Teradata Labs president Oliver Ratzesberger advocates evolution to the Sentient Enterprise as the analytic road map for businesses
- Webcast video: Creating a High Impact Data Driven Culture – from THINK BIG – Teradata big data analytics consulting team
- Think Big, a Teradata company, with many insightful resources, on Facebook
- Shutterfly.com relies on Teradata as a trusted advisor for big data analytics
- Teradata Unveils New Products to Tackle IoT Demands, a quick overview
- Teradata announces partnership with Alation to help companies create data catalogs – the hottest new trend for enterprises to benefit from collaborative analytic knowledge
- Attend Teradata Universe annual analytics conferences coming up in 2016
*Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems, Analysts Mark A. Beyer and Roxane Edjlali, February 25, 2016
The Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.